Mystic-Wayeh Commander Bearing “Alyosha”
X Wayeh Apache Star “Mensa”
10-gen COI 10%, anything under 7% is an outcross, but this pedigree doubles on the sugar-sweet INT CH Black Ice’s Heartbreak Hannah “Hannah” (a 10-gen COI 6% outcross) and Artic-Luv’s Honey Bear “Honey.”
Tied 2/1-3-5/20, born Saturday 4/4/20, go-home 9 weeks later on ~6/6/20.
Alyosha: 10-gen COI 3.9% outcross, OFA Good, Thyroid normal, CERF clear, 95#, 26″, male seal & white
Mensa: 10-gen COI 2% outcross, OFA (prelim) Good, Thyroid normal, CERF clear, 68#, 22″, female gray (does not carry the long-coat gene)
We expected wolf grays & seals, all normal or short coats, from this combination. And we ended up with that, plus one sable girl.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST
if you are interested in purchasing
a Wayeh Alaskan Malamute Puppy.
- F1 (gray) staying @ Wayeh
- F2 (sable) S&J (GA)
- F3 (seal) Female pet AVAILABLE
- F4 (seal) Female pet AVAILABLE
- M1 (gray) Co-owned with Q&M (PN)
- M2 (gray) B&D (NC)
- M3 (seal) S&J (GA)
- M4 (seal) T&I (NY)
(Most events are on the weekend unless noted.)
- 4/4/20 Mensa x Alyosha 2020 puppies born – 4 boys (2 seals, 2 wolf grays) 4 girls (2 seals, 1 sable, 1 wolf gray). Momma Mensa is on puppy kibble plus Puppy-Bac by Dogzymes & raw free-range eggs from next door (soon to be from our own chickens) which I alternate with meat (mackerel, chicken, tuna, turkey, or beef.) Mensa is in the new puppy yard (what was the driveway kennel) so she can wander at will.
- 4/5-6-7 (Day 2-3-4) Deworm mom with Panacur/Safeguard (Fenbendazole 22%.)
- 4/7 (Day 3-21) Early Neurological Stimulation (ENS.) <link>
- 4/18 (2w) Deworm pups & mom Pyrantel Pamoate.
- 4/25 (3w) start puppies on the same puppy kibble & Puppy-Bac 2x/day. Start Rules of 7 <link> where they will experience 7 different foods, smells, bowls, surfaces, sleeping places, visitors, car rides, etc. by the time they are 7 weeks old.
- 5/2 (4w) Quad wormer pups 1/2 pills <10#. Kibble & puppy-bac 3x/day, mom is only offering comfort suckles now.
- 5/17 (6w) quad wormer pills >10#, Fishback’s Lead Dog Testing (below).
- 5/23 (7w) 3-days Panacur/Safeguard (Fenbendazole 22%) dewormer, Advantix 2 flea/tick prevention, & Temperament Tests & Puppy Picks (in order of deposits received.)
- 5/28 Thursday- pre-vet visit baths.
- 5/29 Friday – (~8w) vet#1 visit for no-Lepto vaccinations, weights, fecal checks, veterinarian examinations, & AVID microchips. Exams
- 6/2 Tuesday – (~9w) vet#2 visit for followups & health certificates (for traveling out of state.)
- 6/6 Bittersweet Go-Home day.
6w Fishback’s Lead Dog Testing
5/17/20 (6w) OK, so this didn’t go as planned. It was hot, and the girls were not cooperating — at all — with the whole concept. The point is to take them over a semi-obstacle course, in and around and over a bunch of new things to see how they react. Are they underfoot, do they hang back, are they out front, do they spook easy, are they cautious, will they listen to reassurances… I take them as a group then individually to see how they react without the confidence-bolster of their littermates.
So as a group, I lead them out of their puppy kennel — no brothers, no mama, and instead of thinking about it, they were all just Woo-Who! and barreled out of the kennel like tumbleweeds. I open the driveway gate, the Big Intimidating gate moving towards them with the wind flapping the shade tarp, and they were like…. Woo-WHO! and tried to catch the shade tarp in their teeth. I ran down the gravel driveway away from them and they were like… Woo-WHO! let’s run, then trip, then roll down the driveway. Instead of getting all worried about it, sulking or pouting or whimpering because of their (imagined) injuries, they were Woo-WHO! Is that a pine cone? I led the girls into the tall fescue hayfield and instead of looking for boogeymen, they were Woo-WHO! and charged into the grass. I ran towards the big intimidating tractor and they were Woo-WHO! And tried to climb up on it.
So… I’m figuring out they have a group confidence that seems pretty unshakable. Took them back up the hill the long way through the woods and they were all Woo-WHO! Leaves & trees & bushes & terraces & Woo-WHO!
Back in the puppy yard, they all got a long drink of water and immediately sacked out. I carried them one at a time to the bottom of the driveway and set them down, then stood there being boring. I wanted to see how they dealt with their change of circumstances. Each of them sniffed around for a minute, ranging out to find a cool spot, flopped into the shade and fell asleep. Not intimidated, not concerned, just hot. When I called them and headed back to the house, they followed along, not underfoot, not ranging out independently, not lagging behind, just traveling with me.
I’m not sure this tells me anything about the girl’s potential as lead dogs, but they all seem to have pretty solid confidence as pets.
(Boys in the cool morning, and the girls again over the same ground.)
So I took the boys for a walk in the woods this morning. After an episode of Key. Stone. Cops.
Brought mama Mensa into the basement and crated her. One of the boys (M4 – seal, ears up) ran in with her. Got him out, she zoomed back out of the basement. Went back with milkbones. Mensa comes into the basement, followed by the hoard, and she crates, with a different boy (M2 – gray, ears up.) Held her back and got him out. And a third boy (M1 – gray, ears down) zooms into the crate with mama Mensa. Got him out and mama Mensa zooms back out of the basement. Again. Fixed her breakfast and FINALLY got mama Mensa in a crate, with no boys. Start crating the girls next to mama Mensa. Try putting 4 specific puppies, out of 8, into a crate, when they don’t wanna . It’s fun. Trust me.
Got 4 girls in the crate, just as a precaution, checked, and I have 3 boys & 1 girl outside the crate. Bloody heck. (M3 – seal ears down) is in the crate with his sisters. Finally sorted that out.
Now with 4 (verified) boys out of the crate, we head out of the basement. Me and three puppies. Wait, what? Go back, the three milling around my ankles so I’m high stepping like I’m in surf, and M3 (seal – ears down) is sitting in front of mama Mensa’s crate. Pick him up, do the high stepping routine back out of the basement, and when I set him down, I have 3 puppies. WHAT? Go back into the basement, wading through surf, and find a puppy next to his mama (M1 – gray, ears down). Pick him up and surf-wade back outside with 2 other puppies. Come ON! Go back in, pick up 2 puppies and back out of the basement calling the other two and slam the door shut. Finally, 4 puppies, all boys, out of the basement.
We haven’t even started yet, and I’m worn out.
I’m also trying to beat the rain. So away we go.
Now, where the girls were all wa-HOO! Let’s go, the boys are different. The grand exodus is halted every two steps by: What’s this? It’s a leaf, doofus, you’ve seen leaves before, puppy-puppy-let’s go!. Two more steps. What’s this? It’s a pinecone, knucklehead, you’ve seen pinecones before, puppy-puppy-let’s go! Two more steps, Wait, we’re going THIS way, boys. No, we’re not, two of them are headed up the hill, two of them are headed south, and I’m the one at the gate, thinking maybe, perhaps, I should have fed them breakfast before we started this journey.
Make it out the gate, which doesn’t scare them so much as it gives them a two-second memory lapse on what we’re doing. Where the girls were charging around as a bumbling, tumbling group, the boys are all hither-and-yon this morning.
And I’m laughing too hard to be taken seriously. So I sit down in the driveway. That worked. I’m covered in puppy kisses and squirmy, wiggly boys. That got their attention. Now, we’re off to the races. Down the driveway to the tall-grass hay field, around the woods to the terrace, back up through the woods to the front yard. All bumbling, tumbling, squirmy, wiggly puppies. M2 (gray) and M4 (seal) are shorter coat and ears up. M1 (gray) and M3 (seal) are bigger coats and ears…. in squirmy, wiggly transit.
All of which bears out the generalized rule that my girls tend to be focused and my boys tend to be… goofy.
I need a nap. (And my day hasn’t even gotten started yet.)
(All 4 boys s(s)poken for.)
Because of the difficulty of getting into successive vet appointments during Covid-19, the pups were examined by 2 different vets today. Instead of 2 visits a week apart. Dr. Matt & tech Anne examined everybody, administered vacc., fecal checked (negative), AVID microchipped everybody, verified 2 testicles in every boy, good range of motion in all elbows, bites, ears, eyes, hearts & lungs, etc…. then Dr. Cindy & tech Hattie did the follow-up exams (minutes later instead of days.) You do what you gotta do when the world comes apart. A couple of the boys had 1 testicle in front of the other, but all were present & accounted for.
Meanwhile, pups had baths yesterday, met the kittens, Smith & Jones, and got a vanride to the vets’ office, crated in the back. They met a bunch of new people, went through a drive-thru, and discovered scrambled eggs & bacon. Then they went into the exam room, tore up all the newspapers spread on the floor, and learned about weights, fecals, exams, microchips, and vaccinations.
They came home, piled out of the van, and ran, en mass, back to mama Mensa! Weights were interesting. From almost 11# to almost 18.
- M1 Gray 15#8oz
- M2 Gray 13#4oz
- M3 Seal 17#10oz
- M4 Seal 14@10oz
- F1 Gray 15@4oz
- F2 Sable 13@10oz
- F3 Seal 14#5oz
- F4 Seal 10#13oz
Two of my favorite people helped me organize a group play between Mensa’s pups & Gypsy’s pups. Those two are my nieces Allison, down from Canada, and her little sister Sloane, who lives next door. We had a lot of fun. And, no, please don’t ask me which pup is which, LOL. The only thing I can say for sure is that F4, aka Miz Personality, took a real shine to Allison and wouldn’t stay out of her lap — F4, who is still looking for a permanent home.
|Mystic-Wayeh Commander Bearing "Alyosha"||AKC ptd Mystic-Wayeh Dark Side of the Moon"Fender"||CH Mystic-Wayeh Malas Aforethought"Sirius"|
|INT CH Black Ice's Heartbreak Hannah "Hannah"|
|Wayeh Bearing Sea "Grace"||UWP AKC Mjr Ptd Wayeh Rtic Seas "Akai"|
|Artic-Luv's Honey Bear "Honey"|
|Wayeh Apache Star "Mensa"||UWP AWP Wayeh-Mystic Peace Train "Pax"||INT CH Ksarah's Hope Inditarod "Brady"|
|INT CH Black Ice's Heartbreak Hannah "Hannah"|
|Wayeh Grizzly Bear "Kiowa"||INT CH UWP Wayeh Singn N Howln Masasyu "Maestro"|
|Artic-Luv's Honey Bear "Honey"|
This litter is Wayeh’s 11th Generation.
- Wayeh Needa Mist ROM OB-ROM “Wayeh”
- Wayeh’s Nvwati Svnoyi ROM “Midnight”
- CH Wayeh’s Sassafras Lass “Razzy”
- Wayeh’s Shoshone Sunwalker IWPA-WWPDX ” Shoney”
- CH Wayeh’s Arctic Wind’s Shadow CGC TT TDI “Shadow”
- CH Wayeh’s Cherokee Summer CGC WTD “Summer”
- CH Wayeh’s Soul Song CGC RN WTD WLD “Singer”
- INT CH UWP Wayeh Singn N Howln Masasyu “Maestro”
- Wayeh Grizzly Bear “Kiowa”
- Wayeh Apache Star “Mensa”
- BOOKs Litter 2020
Litter Theme – Book Titles
AKC registered names will follow the litter theme:
Wayeh + __________
Call names can be anything you want and can either go along with the registered name theme like naming the dog after a character in your favorite book, or can be a more traditional sled dog name. But be aware, if you think it’s a great traditional name, likely so do others. We’re already at something like Nikko/Nikki #15, Tundra #11, Luna #9, Kodi/Koda/Kodiak #15, Cheyenne #5, Apollo #3, Zues #4, Kyra #8, Diesel #3, etc. So here’s your chance to be original!
When giving a dog an AKC name, simple is better.
- Wayeh I am Legend “Legend” (because Corvid — staying @ Wayeh)
- Wayeh To the Far Blue Mtns “Sackett” “or “Jubal” or “Echo” or “William Tell” (because Louis L’Amour– staying @ Wayeh)
- Wayeh The Kite Runner “Amir”
- Wayeh To Kill a Mockingbird “Harper” “Scout”
- Wayeh The Great Gatsby “Fitz”
- Wayeh Pride and Prejudice “Austen”
- Wayeh The Hobbit “Tolkien”
- Wayeh Fahrenheit 451 (about burning books) “Bradbury” “Montag”
- Wayeh The Book Thief “Liesel” “Zusak”
- Wayeh Animal Farm “Orwell”
- Wayeh Gone with the Wind “Rhett”
- Wayeh The Hunt for Red October “Clancy” “Jack”
- Wayeh Of Mice and Men “Steinbeck”
- Wayeh The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy “
- Wayeh Huckleberry Finn “Finn” “Huck”
- Wayeh The Remaining “Lee”
- Wayeh A is for Alibi “Grafton”
- Wayeh __________ (a favorite book title that complies with AKC naming standards)
And if you have a freaky morbid sense of humor, you could name the Apocalypti-puppies something from current events.
- Wayeh the Stand
- Wayeh the Road
- Wayeh the Hunger Games
- Wayeh 1984
- Wayeh World War Z
- Wayeh I am Legend
- Wayeh Lucifer’s Hammer
- Wayeh Blade Runner
- Wayeh Year One
- Wayeh the Remaining
- Wayeh Irregular Scout Team